New Dominion Press awards traditional contracts every chance we get. Each manuscript is considered carefully before and chosen. You are welcome to come to us by way of agents or very experienced authors, but every book has potential, even those from debut authors.
Our criteria for authors seeking a traditional deal include:
- An amazing and inspiring story that is superbly crafted and edited
- Collaborative authors who have an entrepreneurial and collaborative attitude
- A verifiable track record of sales success from previous titles
- A robust marketing platform, social media, and promotional plan
- A dedicated following of readers
Included Features with a Traditional Contract:
- Turnkey publishing and management by New Dominion Press
- Softcover, hardcover, and e-book
- Custom editing and design
- A publishing contract with a 3+-year term
- ISBNs for softcover, hardcover and e-book are included
- Cooperative team treatment with authors
- Print and eBook full distribution through Ingram to 39,000 bookstores and online retailers
- 30–70% author royalties on print and digital net sales, 50% on audio and foreign rights sales.
- Possible advance on royalties
- Inclusion in Ingram’s Catalogs, Edelweiss, and Overdrive
- Our marketing program includes sell-sheets, media releases, book web page, cover polls, and promotion of the book to booksellers, Ingram, and other distributors. We also coach authors on social media and other marketing throughout the life cycle of the book.
- 5-20 copies of your softcover, and a hardcover proof
- Ability to purchase additional books below wholesale and sell them directly from your website
Are You Thing This is the Right Publishing Model for You?
Or Maybe Traditional Publishing Isn’t For You?
We Publish Through Three Differing Models
Usually only for seasoned writers (with or without an agent) with superb work and a verifiable track record of sales and marketing success. The term traditional means that the author will not pay for any development costs or fees and will typically be offered an advance payment on royalties.
This publishing model is best for emerging writers with high-quality work desiring a professional-level publishing experience. Those best suited for this program are motivated and collaborative, and receive the same level of editing, creative development, and marketing as our traditional authors. The best example is called Cooperative Publishing (Co-Publishing).
Self-publishing places responsibility for all aspects of production, marketing, and distribution of an author’s book in their hands. This includes the editing, book design, printing, and distribution of each new copy to buyers. We will help you with the administration of getting published. We call this Administrative Publishing.